Alison Ketner Goodman
Alison Ketner Goodman, a native of Hernando, Mississippi, is a member of the Mississippi Bar. She represents both self-insured employers and insurance companies in the area of worker’s compensation and auto and premises liability. Additionally, she practices in the area of intellectual property, specifically in copyright and trademark law. Maintaining her commitment to the community, she is on the Community Advisory Board of the Autism Center of North Mississippi and is the President of the Board of Directors of the Montessori School of Tupelo.
With a proficiency in the Japanese language, she also is involved in assisting the Japanese community living in the Tupelo area due to the arrival of the Toyota plant and its suppliers. Her professional experience includes having worked in insurance defense firms as a shareholder in Tupelo Mississippi, and as an associate attorney in Jackson Mississippi. While in law school, she clerked for a Tokyo-based firm and worked as a Research Assistant for Temple University Law School in Japan.
Attorney Goodman resides in Tupelo with her husband, Taylor Goodman, Esq., and her two daughters, Lila Ann (“Lila”) and Camille Claire (“CeCe”). She is the daughter of Jane and Kenny Ketner of Hernando, Mississippi.
- B.A., Rhodes College
- J.D., University of Mississippi School of Law
- MS State and Federal Courts, U.S. Court of Appeals and Fifth Circuit
COMMUNITY & PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES
- Member, Mississippi Bar Association
- Member, Lee County Bar Association
- Member, Professionalism Committee of the Mississippi Bar
- Member, Magnolia Bar
- Member, Women in the Profession Committee of the Mississippi Bar
- Executive Committee Member, Workers’ Compensation Section of the Mississippi Bar
- Member, Mississippi Women Lawyers’ Association
- Past Board member, Mississippi Women Lawyer Association