Tami L. Munsch
Tami Munsch, originally from Metairie, Louisiana, was raised on the Mississippi Gulf Coast in Kiln. She graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in Criminal Justice from the University of Southern Mississippi and received a Juris Doctorate from Mississippi College School of Law.
Prior to entering private practice, Tami was employed at the Mississippi Volunteer Lawyers Project as an Equal Justice Works fellow. She was assigned to her post as an AmeriCorps attorney to focus primarily on the Katrina recovery aspect. Tami assisted in organizing and working many clinics for the benefit of the underprivileged and Katrina victims. More recently, she presented FEMA and SBA information at a clinic in New Jersey for Super Storm Sandy survivors.
Despite her busy practice schedule, Tami remains actively involved in various community organizations. Tami is a member and past president of the Mississippi Women Lawyers’ Association. She is also a member of The Mississippi Bar’s Young Lawyers Division and through them, she volunteers for the MS Wills for Heroes Program, High School Mock Trail Competition, and Lawyer in Every Classroom.
She is a volunteer attorney for the Mississippi Volunteer Lawyers Project, where she assists low-income clients in clinics and as a pro bono attorney, and severs on their Advisory Board. Tami also serves as the Board of Director for the Mississippi Talent Education and is a bell choir member at her local church. In 2012, Tami was selected to participate in The MS Bar Leadership Forum.
- B.A., University of Southern Mississippi
- J.D., Mississippi College School of Law
- Mississippi State and Federal Courts
COMMUNITY & PROFESSIONAL ACTIVITIES:
- Recipient, Top Women- Owned Law Firms 2010-2013 by Mississippi Business Journal
- Member, The Mississippi Bar Association
- Past Chair of Community Service, Young Lawyers Association of The Mississippi Bar
- Former Advisory Board Member and Volunteer, Mississippi Volunteer Lawyers Project
- Past President, Mississippi Women Lawyers’ Association
- Past Vice-President, Mississippi Women Lawyers’ Association
- Past Meeting Director, Mississippi Women Lawyers’ Association
- Past Webmaster/Historian, Mississippi Women Lawyers, Association
- Past Community Service Chairperson, Capital Area Bar Association
- Member, Jackson Young Lawyers (2010-2013)
- Board Member, Mississippi Talent Education
- FEMA/SBA Seminar Leader, New Jersey (Super Storm Sandy)
- Member, Kappa Alpha Theta
- Former English as a Second Language Instructor